The Mashpee Democratic Town Committee is a group of volunteers that represents Mashpee Democrats. We believe that through action we can more effectively advance Democratic principles and values; elect Democratic candidates locally, statewide, and nationally and so much more. We hope you join us!
● That everyone has access to safe and affordable housing.
● That everyone has access to high-quality, affordable health care.
● That everyone has access to healthy, affordable food.
● That everyone has access to a comprehensive education, from early education through higher education.
● That everyone has the opportunity to have a good job with a living wage, good benefits, and form and join unions.
● That everyone lives in a clean, safe and healthy environment.
● That everyone has access to safe, efficient, and affordable transportation; clean water; parks; broadband; and other basic infrastructure to support daily life.
● That everyone has the freedom to decide if and when to have a child.
● That everyone has access to high-quality childcare.
● That everyone is protected from all forms of discrimination.
● That affirmative steps be taken to eliminate and redress disparities and inequities that have resulted from structural racism and other systemic forms of discrimination.
● That everyone’s right to vote and the integrity of our electoral process be protected.
● That our political process, government, and public officials be free of undue influence, be open and accessible to the public, transparent, and held accountable to act in good faith in furtherance of our interests as described herein.
● That we are well-prepared and take the necessary steps to protect our public health.
● That we act with the boldness and urgency necessary to address and adapt to climate change.
● That we foster Democratic grassroots activism.
And, in furtherance of these resolutions and to build a stronger, more inclusive, more equitable, and more progressive Commonwealth consistent with our values and the challenges we currently face, we, the members of the Massachusetts Democratic Party, hereby support, propose, and promote that the government take the following actions in the following areas.